Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Dyson DC39 Vacuum

We've all seen those Dyson commercials on TV about how great their vacuum cleaners are because they don't lose suction. I avoided these for a while but was finally in the market for a new vacuum, one that would work well on tile and carpet so a canister model is what I wanted.

I saw the Dyson DC39 vacuum in stores and finally decided to bite on the insanely high $450 USD price tag that came with it. It should be noted that this thing is designed really well and it feels like it is well built. Even the way it was packaged inside the box was impressive.

Best of all, it works great! The thing is super powerful and it rolls and turns so easily as you move along. I did end up buying the Articulating Hard Floor Tool as well as the included head has brushes and is a bit clunky on the hard floor (but great on carpet) so I highly suggest picking that up as well if you have tile or wood flooring. That hard floor tool makes the handheld part much lighter as well (not that it was heavy) and, really, the entire vacuum is really light (great for using on stairs).

It's not perfect, but pretty close! My only complaints are that the main hose is too short, and extra foot of tube there would be perfect. The other issue is that when you roll over the cord with the main canister unit it tends to have a hard time so you have to put more force on it to get it to roll over the cord, larger mini wheels might help there. These are not big deals by any means, just the two only things I saw that could be improved. 

So, I'll say that this is the best vacuum I've ever had by far.

1 comment:

  1. I avoided these for a while but was best canister vacuum cleaners finally in the market for a new vacuum, one that would work well on tile and carpet so a canister model is what I wanted.

    ReplyDelete